First Weekend in December Adventures

I finally made it out this weekend after a couple of crummy weekends of weather. This one turned out not to be much better.

I headed to Green Bay where I struggled to find deer and only managed to see one buck. I did manage to snap a couple shots of does and fawns but the light was low and I had to kick the ISO up more than I like to. One of the fawns I photographed looked to be a pygmy (not literally) and was the smallest fawn I have ever seen. He/she was a good 6" to foot shorter than the other fawns I have been seeing. Other than its shortness it looks pretty healthy though.

I also found a couple of shovelers hanging around a pond with some water still open. I haven't had any good opportunities to photograph the species so I shot as much as I could in the low light. There was only one fully plumaged drake and he never got close enough for a good shot but I will post a shot of a homely looking drake.

On Saturday morning I took a quick detour down to Sheboygan to look for ducks along the lake. A little snow squall put the kibosh on any photos. I did however, find a harlequin duck on the lake just at the northern edge of town. For any normal person who might be reading this, harlequins are sea ducks that normally only hang out on either of the coasts but a few get lost inland every year. Anyways, that was my excitement for the weekend

Take care,
Ryan





Comments