Sax-Zim Bog- Minnesota

Just got back from a weekend in the famed Sax-Zim Bog in Northern Minnesota. I managed to find the two species of owls, North Hawk and Great Gray Owls, and Black-Backed Woodpeckers and Evening Grosbeaks for life birds.

I spent the time I wasn't looking for owls, photographing Pine Grosbeaks and Common Redpolls. Only the second time I have had good looks at either species and the first time getting some shots of them. Only managed to see two wolves, the first time I have seen any in the lower 48. Unfortunately it was pretty early in the morning and they were a long way off but it was still exciting.
Overall it was really a great weekend. Apart from sleeping in the -30 degree weather I couldn't have asked for a better trip.

More photos to come at:
My Website
My Facebook Page

Comments

  1. Very cool stuff, Ryan! Great grey owls are such beautiful and stoic subjects, and how cool to see wolves in the wild.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment